The Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic has taken a serious toll on our country and the world. The State of California is in a state of lockdown in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus. According to ABC7 News, California residents are ordered to stay home and practice “social distancing” unless you need to perform an “essential activity.” Essential activities include things like getting food, getting medical help or supplies, caring for a family member or pet, exercising as long as you maintain six feet distance from other people.
At this time of uncertainty and concern, it is crucial that we try to come together and comply with what officials have asked in order to stop the spread of this virus and protect particularly vulnerable populations.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has issued tips for staying safe and healthy during this pandemic. They encourage everyone to:
- Understand how the virus spreads–so far they know the virus spread from person to person “through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.”
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth–This is how infected droplets can get in your body.
- Wash your Hands–Use soap and water if possible. If soap is not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough–then make sure to go wash your hands right away.
- Practice social distancing–Following the order to stay away from others is very important, especially with other people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick–If you happen to be sick, then definitely stay home and avoid getting close to others.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces–Make a habit of wiping down countertops, door handles, and even your cell phone to avoid the spread of the virus.
Stay Healthy and Safe Out There
Here at Walch Law we hope that by abiding by the rules of the lockdown and putting the tips from the CDC into practice that we can help prevent spreading the virus. We also understand that even with the lockdown in place, accidents such as a car or motorcycle accident can still occur. Dealing with an injury caused by another person can be frustrating at any time, but during the current climate it can feel especially overwhelming. However, with the help of a skilled Southern California personal injury attorney, you can get the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries by bringing a personal injury claim against the party responsible for your injuries. You can receive compensation for medical bills, recovery costs, and other damages such as lost wages or loss of enjoyment of life.
If you are involved in an accident and need guidance on bringing a claim to get compensation for your injuries, the skilled personal injury attorneys at Walch Law can be contacted anytime online or by phone at 866-465-8792. Even during this difficult time we can speak with you over the phone and answer questions you may have about getting compensation for your injuries.
We hope that everyone can do their best to stay healthy and safe during this pandemic.