The Los Angeles rain storm that started early this morning has caused many rear end car accidents. The rain water, mixed with oil and other greasy like substances that has been accumulating on our streets, has coated the streets in Los Angeles, including the San Fernando Valley, with a slick substance causing many rear end crashes, some causing serious injuries, including to head, neck, shoulders and back.
In such rainy weather conditions, it is important to do the following:
- Drive slower
- Keep extra space or distance between your car and the vehicle in front of you.
- When approaching an intersection with a stop sign or red traffic signal, plan to stop at least one car length farther away from the intersection than you normally would, to allow sufficient time to stop and avoid any vehicle in front of you, any pedestrians and any bicycle riders.
- Preventative maintenance: Be sure your tires are properly inflated, your windshield wipers are in good condition and your brakes are in good working order. Many tire stores and repair shops will fill tires and check wipers and brakes as a courtesy. If you need any referrals to do this, just give us a call.
Should you have a rear end accident or any other accident in the rain with any injury, here are a few of the things we can help you with:
- Making reports to your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company so you don’t make any mistakes.
- Helping you find doctors and specialists who know how to treat a personal injury accident case. Usually these doctors and other health care providers will work on a lien which means they will not expect payment from you until your claim is resolved. Thus, you will find experienced doctors and not have to worry about payment, deductible or even a co-payment! In addition, they know how to properly prepare an itemized billing statement and comprehensive medical report to help get your claim settled.
- If your vehicle is damaged and not safely drivable, we usually can arrange transportation for you to and from your doctor.
- We can help you get your car repaired or, if your car is a total loss, we can help you get reimbursed for the value of your car. We can help get you a rental or loan car.
- We also shall advise you and assist you all through the process, then seek maximum compensation for your medical expenses, loss of earnings, and all pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment of life activities.
We have 45 years’ experience handling thousands of rear end collisions and other car, truck and motorcycle accident cases.
If you need any help, we offer an absolutely FREE case consultation & evaluation. We also work on a contingency fee which means we do not get paid unless we win and our fee is paid out of the recovery and not your pocket.
Just give us a call at 1.866 INJURY 2 or 1.818.222.3400 (after hours, dial”1”).
Please call us now so we may help you. You will be glad that you did!