Los Angeles is known for its busy roads and good weather. These two things combined mean many people opt to ride a bicycle for transportation. While a bicycle can be a great option for getting around the city, it can also be dangerous—with so much traffic in the Los Angeles area, it means increased chances you could get hurt as a result of a bicycle accident.
Bicycle accidents can result in serious injuries. When the collision is with a car, there can be severe injuries that require medical attention and hospital stays. As result of a serious bike accident, you could be facing not only immediate medical expenses, but also expenses for physical therapy to assist in your recovery as well as loss of earnings if your injury requires you to miss work. You should be compensated for these expenses. An experienced California personal injury lawyer can help you maximize your recovery from the other party’s insurance or, if needed, help you file a Los Angeles personal injury lawsuit against the person who caused the accident.
If you are hurt in a Los Angeles bike accident, you will need as much information as possible to make your case. Following these steps can help maximize your recovery:
- First, always seek medical attention—your health and safety are most important!
- Call the police—If possible, make a detailed and accurate statement as this can be useful in showing you were not at fault. Bicyclists are often blamed when an accident occurs, so make sure you clearly explain what happened.
- Look for other witnesses—If other people saw the accident, ask for their contact information. Their testimony can be helpful as you seek compensation for your injuries.
- If possible, document the accident—Pictures or video of the scene can be helpful in understanding what happened. However, remember your safety and health come first!
- Contact a Los Angeles personal injury attorney—a skilled attorney will be able to take away the stress of dealing with the other party’s insurance company, investigate the details of the accident, and help maximize your compensation.
If you or a family member has been injured in a bicycle accident, the experienced personal injury lawyers at Walch Law can help. Our lawyers can look over the details of your case and help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call 1-866-INJURY2 [1-866-465-8792] or Email [email@example.com] us today for a free consultation.